The benefits? This is your one-stop-shop where we can help you with all your challenges and questions!
More benefits? You'll have a lot more time for fun and your family & don't have to share private matters with colleagues!
You are an expat
You can hire me privately but, alternatively, you can also ask your employer to appoint me as coach for you and your other expat colleagues
You are an employer
You can call me to get one of your employees some help or, alternatively, you can hire me to help and coach your employees in-house
You know an expat
Expats need help, sometimes, with stuff that is easy for us Dutchies. Help them by pointing out there is someone who likes to help them
Looking for help with basic issues?
You can ask me to find
- the best people to do your home improvements and your interior design
- English speaking plumbers, painters, electricians or other DIY people
- reliable cleaners and gardeners
- trustworthy dog walkers or house sitters
You can also ask me to run your errands and coordinate deliveries.
I can help you find
- local doctors & dentists
- a counsellor or psychologist in your own language
- medical specialists
I provide assistance and accompany you when you need to go and see
- the police or other official bodies
- the CBR (driving license orgaisation)
I can help you getting a
- Dutch drivers license
Advice on the schooling system?
BUSINESS & CAREER
Support with finding work or your own company?
I will take care of your
- personal administration (contracts, bills, expenditures, other obligations)
- (Dutch) mail and emails
- child benefit and childcare allowance
- consultations re. income tax, tax forms, tax return papers
- (electronic) banking
- telephone call center
- scheduling appointments
- organizing your meetings
- managing your expenses
I advice you on and assist you with
- career counseling
- setting up a business of your own
- legal and practical issues
- rental registrations, office and car lease, contracts, insurances and the like
- help you set up a volunteer organization
- setting up a bookkeeping system and administration
- finding training, coaching, personnel and all other organizational issues you may have
LEISURE & PLEASURE
In need of some pampering?
A LITTLE MORE LUXURIOUS
AND THE ULTIMATE DREAM
A taste of Holland when you want to pamper yourself or your boss
- Pick-up from your house in a stretched limo
- Guided tour of Amsterdam
- Afternoon tea in the Amstel Hotel
- Pick-up with your limo-for-the-day to a nearby helicopter area
- Helicopter tour of the Netherlands
- Pick-up by your limo-for-the-day and brought to Van Gogh Museum
- Guided tour of the Van Gogh museum
- Pick-up by your limo-for-the-day and dropped off for dinner at Restaurant Ciel Bleu
- Picked-up and dropped off at home by your limo-for-the-day
This day out is for up to a maximum of 6 people.
Too many things to think of?
In this stage I can advice you on and support you with
- the cancellation of leases, (home, car, etc.), bank accounts, etc.
- claiming the deposit
- liaising with insurance company in case of damages
- unsubscribing all the utility contract contracts
- selling your house
- overseeing and coordinating professional cleaning and repairs if required
- completing a final inventory check out with the landlord/representative
- providing mediation with removal companies
- changing your postal address
- deregistering you from the local authorities
- If case you are moving to a new expat location, we will partner with your new relocation agency
SOME OF IT IS FOR FREE
It may surprise you how much!
We have 4 different subscriptions available. All of them catered to your needs. If you only need a little bit of help you can opt for the smallest contract, if you’d like ongoing support for, for example, your business you can opt for the larger. All of them include housevisits, service hours and phone and email support. Please click here to request up-to-date the pricelist.
Prepaid Service Hours
If you have irregular jobs you want to hand over you may decide to get yourself a Prepaid Service Hours card. This card will ensure you get a discount on the normal hourly charges and you are more flexible in using them than with a regular subscription. You can buy these cards for 5 or 10 hours.
When you only have a small job to do it’s probably best to hire me per hour.
Individual help for just one of your employees
In-house coaching for all your expat staff
I guess we could have spent some time searching through the various ex-pat forums and online groups in order to find the information we needed, but then we wouldn’t have got the solutions as quickly and reliablyDAVID CROSS
Thank you for your proactive,
Jacqueline ter Haar
Owner of Expat Support
I am Jacqueline ter Haar. I was born and raised in Amsterdam and have been married to an expat for twenty years. When we went our separate ways I was astounded at how difficult expat life still was for him after more than 20 years of living in the Netherlands. When I looked around I saw many more of my expat friends going through the same struggle. And I realized that existing in the Netherlands and living a fulfilling and happy life here are two different things.
I became excited and it still is the driving force for my business. I want to help expats enjoy their life in The Netherlands! I understand how this country and culture works and although Amsterdam, Rotterdam, The Hague are, admittedly, not as big as London, New York or Shanghai, they are still large enough to get lost in. I am able to help people with most, of their practical issues because I can honestly say that my services are based upon a true understanding of what expats really need.
WHY AM I DIFFERENT?
Here you can find me